- COO’s Team: Operations Managers, Procurement Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Production Managers, Manufacturing Managers, Warehousing Managers, Inventory Managers, Quality Managers, R&D Managers, Innovation Managers, Project Managers, Entrepreneurs, and Operations Management Consultants.
- Provides an understanding of operations management framework
- Offers experiential analysis to understand the challenges of COOs and Operations Managers
- Provides an understanding of the functions and practices of production and operation managers
- Training topics include supply chain management, research and development (R&D), manufacturing, project management and quality management
- Provides insights on how to develop strategies, initiatives and programs to introduce and sustain competitive operations in organizations
- Focuses on lean six sigma best practices, tools and models to develop and implement an effective operations management system
- This course emphasizes operations management decision-making. It does not cover engineering, technical or mathematical topics
Course – Training Focus:
- Develop the core operations management skills and competencies. The core competencies include operations knowledge, planning, control, problem-solving and communication.
- Operations Management: Top COO Questions. Strategic Operations Alignment and Integration. Strategy Triangle. Project Management. Supply Chain Management (SCM). Logistics Management. Innovation Management. Research and Development (R&D). New Product Development (NPD). Product Investment Portfolio Analysis. Manufacturing Management. Production Management. Inventory Management. Purchasing and Vendor Management. Facilities Management. Quality Management. Environmental Management. Risk Management. Forecasting and Aggregate Planning. BPPT Model (Budget, People, Process and Technology). Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Decision Trees. Value Chain Analysis (VCA). Outsourcing and Off-shoring.
- Process Management: Business Process Improvement (BPI). Business Process Re-engineering (BPR). Capability Maturity Model (CMM). Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Change Management. PDBO Model (Plan, Design, Build, Operate). Process Assessment Metrics: (TCO. ROI, Production Cost, Breakeven, Location, Capacity, Productivity, Utilization, Layout,..). Process Controls. Economic Order Quantity (EOQ). Material Resource Planning (MRP). Master Production Schedule (MPS). Gantt Charts. PERT Chart. Benchmarking. Pareto Chart. Bar Charts.
- Lean Six Sigma: Lean. Six Sigma. Lean Manufacturing. Lean Inventory. Lean Warehousing. Lean Operations. Just In time (JIT). Lean Supply Chain. Kaizen. 5Ss. Value Stream Mapping and Analysis. Kanban System. Visual Controls. Toyota Production System (TPS). Waste Elimination. Push Vs. Pull Production. Lean Layout Design, SMED, Quick Changeover. DMAIC. 8D. TPM. Deming Wheel. Total Quality Management (TQM). ISO 9000.
Course Outline / Customization Subjects
- Lean Operations Management decision areas such as cost, quality, time, flexibility and capacity
- Lean Production Management: Innovation management, research and development (R&D), methods of production, cost of production, breakeven analysis, process control, production planning and scheduling
- Lean Facilities Management: Facilities planning and automations and smart buildings
- Lean Project Management: Project selection and initiation, planning, financing, scheduling and resource allocation, risk, communication, control, evaluation and termination
- Lean Quality Management: The frameworks, tools and techniques necessary to implement product development and operations improvements such as Total Quality Management (TQM), Capability Maturity Model (CMM), Six Sigma, ISO 9000, and Kaizen
- Lean Supply Chain Management (SCM): Covers current issues in business logistics and information systems for coordinating operations
- Outsourcing, off-shoring and supply chain integration
ASMAC operations management training courseware includes:
- Participant’s coursework and assessment project guide
- Executive summary of the subject matter (in power-point lecture notes format):
- Summary of essential concepts and operations management best practices
- Examples and case studies
- Operations management toolkit (management frameworks, decision models, checklists, etc.)
- Experiential work-based assessment project
- Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment project
Performance Evaluation (Optional):
- Performance will be evaluated based on individual or team project deliverables
- Candidates can complete customized experiential / work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
- ASMI course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback
- There are no traditional quizzes or theoretical exams.
- For accelerated team workshops, participants must have similar levels of experience. This is not required for public courses or individual self-paced distance-learning courses