- Directors, Organization’s leadership team, including general managers, business unit managers, finance managers, accounting managers, operations managers, human resources managers, marketing managers, sales managers, project managers, team leaders, entrepreneurs, and management consultants.
- Note: This training course is designed for government and corporate professionals. We do not accept students seeking initial employment, post- secondary education or initial licensing programs
- Provide 360 degree view of the management leadership function to identify potential management blind spots and improvement areas
- Review the management leadership framework, best practices, analysis and decision making models and tools for building high-performance teams
- Offer experiential analysis of the challenges of directors, managers and their executive teams in leading and transforming their organizations
- Focus on leadership development and relationship management
- Discuss leadership insights from the world’s most successful management executives in public and private establishments
- Develop organizational leadership skills and competencies with emphasis on organizational culture, change management, relationship management, workplace politics, and performance management.
- Real-World Experience and Workshop Learning Model
- 25% theory and 30% Workshop, and 40% Experiential Project Work
Key Course Modules
- What is Ethics?
- Leadership Ethics Thinking (Questions)
- Management vs. Leadership
- Leadership and Power
- Personality Profiling: Knowledge of Self and Others
- Managing Difficult Personalities
- Workplace Politics
- How to Win Your Boss
- Leadership Science & Psychology: Human Needs and Motivation
- Leadership Traits, Behavior and Styles
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Credibility and Ethics
- Leadership Insights from Highly Successful Leaders
Key Concepts & Best Practices
- Management Leadership Experience: Top Management Leadership Questions. Leadership Challenges
- Managerial Leadership Science: Leadership Psychology. Leadership Styles & Behaviors. Personality Profiling. Critical Thinking. Decision Making. Organizational Psychology & Behavior. Motivation Theories. Social Animal. Hygiene Factors Theory. Contingency Approach. Path-Goal Theory. Expectancy Theory. Equity Theory. Tournament Theory. Hierarchy of Needs. Management by Objectives. Learning Organizations. Theory X, Theory Y & Theory Z. Organization Culture.
- Managerial Ethics and Leadership Best Practices Transformational Leadership. Charismatic Leadership. Change Management. Managing Workplace Politics. Organizational Alignment. Action Learning Teams. 4- Phase Action Learning Change Process. Self-Awareness. Emotional Intelligence. Relationship Management. Conflict Management & Negotiation. Managerial Ethics.
- Personality profiling, leadership assessment, management leadership case studies, executive leadership interviews, CEO leadership success factors, brainstorming and leadership discussions.
Training Course Customization Subjects
Management Leadership course focuses on managerial “soft” skills. These skills are divided into 2 categories; self-management skills and relationship management skills.
- Self-awareness: Personality profiles (strengths and pitfalls)
- Leadership characteristics
- Leadership SWOT self-analysis
- Learn how successful leaders succeed and why many talented professionals fail
Relationship Management Skills
- Learn how to plan, organize, control and motivate your team
- Learn how to identify the strengths and weaknesses of various personalities (including yours) and how to work with them
- Change Management: Learn how to plan growth and overcome resistance to change
- Transformational Leadership: Learn how to build a culture of success and overcome barriers to effective leadership
- Action Learning Team Building: Learn how to build and manage high- performance teams
- Learn about organizational behavior and managing workplace politics
- Managerial Ethics: Learn how to win the trust and support of your stakeholders through social responsibility
The leadership training courseware includes the following:
- Participant’s coursework and assessment project guide
- Executive summary of the subject matter:
- Summary of essential concepts and leadership best practices
- Examples and case studies
- Leadership’s toolkit (management frameworks, decision models, checklists, etc.)
- Leadership career assessment project
- Experiential work-based assessment project
- Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment project
Performance Evaluation (Optional)
- Performance will be evaluated on the basis of individual or team project deliverables
- Candidates can complete customized experiential work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
- The course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback
- The evaluation is a form of management consulting and experiential coaching for performance improvement