- CEO’s Team: General Managers, Business Unit Managers, Finance Managers, Accounting Managers, Operations Managers, Human Resources Managers, Marketing Managers, Sales Managers, Project Managers, and Entrepreneurs.
- Provides an understanding of the legal framework of business.
- Offers experiential analysis to understand the challenges of CEOs and General Managers in managing legal risks
- Offers ideas, resources and tools for protecting business assets, resolving legal conflicts, and complying with the law
- Focuses on best practices, models and tools for implementing an effective legal risk management system
- This course is not intended for law professionals. The course provides only a high- level understanding of the Business Law to help management in business decision- making. The coursework is not a replacement for seeking professional legal advice. The course does not prepare participants for passing state bar exams or becoming attorneys.
- Develop the core legal skills and competencies. The core competencies include business law knowledge, planning, control, problem-solving and communication.
- Business Torts. Business Crimes. Company Law. Agency Law. Employment Law. Contracts Law. Product Liability. Consumer Protection Law. Environmental Protection Law. Intellectual Property Law. Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) Laws. Bankruptcy Law, Professional Liability. Finance and Investment Law. Internet and Ecommerce Law. International Business Law. Litigation Process. Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Course Outline / Customization Subjects
- Business Law and Organizations: Alternative corporate forms and their related tax and liability implications. It also provides guidelines on how to incorporate a business, the rules governing director’s duties, takeover activity and potential risks and liabilities.
- Professional Liability: Examines the liability of professionals, with focus on directors, lawyers and accountants.
- Finance Law: Laws governing capital and finance raising, lenders protection, commercial paper, property, secured transactions, creditor rights, bankruptcy, securities regulation, mergers and insider trading.
- Employment Law: The legal and ethical aspects of human resources management including employment discrimination, harassment, workers compensation, and terms of employment.
- Commercial Contracts: The general principles of the law of contract including the process of formation, contractual capacity, factors vitiating consent, consideration, contractual terms and the implication of terms, principles relating to the discharge of contracts, illegality and remedies for breach of contract.
- Intellectual Property and Copyright Law: Patent, trademarks, trade secrets and valuable information.
- Digital Law: Covers legal and ethical aspects of using computer, telecommunications, Internet and e-commerce
- Business Ethics and Social Responsibilities: Ethical questions for the firm. The nature and role of core beliefs and social values. Professional ethics and social responsibility.
ASMAC‘s business law and managerial ethics courseware includes:
- Participant’s coursework and assessment project guide
- Executive summary of the subject matter (in power-point lecture notes format):
- Summary of essential concepts and best practices
- Examples and case studies
- Manager’s toolkit (management frameworks, decision models, checklists, etc.)
- Experiential work-based assessment project
- Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment project
Performance Evaluation (Optional):
- Performance will be evaluated based on individual or team project deliverables
- Candidates can complete customized experiential / work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
- ASMAC course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback
- There are no traditional quizzes or theoretical exams.
- For accelerated team workshops, participants must have similar levels of experience. This is not required for public courses or individual self-paced distance-learning course.